Invite the BLOODHOUND Education team to visit your school or college and we will inspire your students with our hands-on activities based around our project to build the world’s first 1,000mph car – BLOODHOUND SSC.
In this package we offer up to 90 children the chance to build and race air-powered rocket cars using K’nex, learning about physics, maths, engineering and aerodynamics as they do so. It’s a unique way of bringing fun into studying STEM subjects – they’ll be talking about it for weeks!
What we offer
In each Challenge visit we include:
- Sessions for up to 30 students at a time in teams of 3 or 4 – a maximum of 90 students overall.
- Run as three 1-hour sessions, or longer to allow for more maths content.
- In each session students design, build, test and race their model air-powered rocket cars.
- Designed to help them learn about physics, maths, engineering and aerodynamics.
- Winning team has their team name added to the tailfin of BLOODHOUND SSC.
- School provided with data gathered to allow for further activities in the classroom.
This is a typical schedule for a Challenge visit.
|09:00 – 09:45||
|09:45 – 10:45
11:00 – 12:00
13:00 – 14:00
|14:15 – 15:00||
- Classroom with tables for students to work in groups of 3 to 4.
- A 10m smooth, flat surface to run cars along – this can be the classroom floor.
- AV – for presentation and video.
How to book
To find out more or make a booking, please email email@example.com.